Sometimes when you take a photo of something there are certain distractions around the subject, specially in a public event like this. Here’s a shot of Nissan 300ZX that went through slicing and dicing. The picture was taken at Xtreme Autocross Championship.
Read on, if you’re interested in processing steps:
1. The photo is HDR, as a first step; I merged the 3 exposures [-1..0..+1] in photomatix and exported a TIF file to PS for further processing.
2. There was another car parked right beside this 300ZX, since the main subject was this car and other was a distraction I had to remove it. For this purpose I used one of my own photos from the same event which I was lucky enough to take before these cars started coming in.
3. The new background on right side of the photo also went through HDR processing and later adjusted its levels, color balance & curves to match the light with main photo.
4. Cloned out the people standing behind the fence.
5. Added an adjustment layer of levels to adjust overall blacks.
6. Adjustment layer of selective color to tone the sky.
7. Adjustment layer of color balance to further tweak the sky.
8. Adjustment layer of curves to bring out the details of the car.
9. Added an adjustment layer of levels to further boost the contrast & white balance.
10. Added a layer to hide the registration plate for privacy reason.
11. Added layer overlay of sharpness
12. Used noise reduction filter to get rid of unwanted noise.
13. And finally watermarked & re-sized it
Taken at: Xtreme Motorsports, Autocross Championship
Held at Fountain Parking Lot, Clifton, Karachi
Here’s the shot, right after merging 3 exposures: