The moment I transferred this shot from my cam I said to myself, “Ok this one’s not going to be easy.” This shot went through extensive surgery, I mean processing . I kinda liked the angle here and how the car has mean looks and its staring right into the camera.
Well here is the list of things I did on this shot:
1. In original shot the background had white/dull sky and cemented fence which was not attractive at all, so the whole background had to be replaced.
2. The background I used here was not that wide, plus there was a garbage can on the right, so I had to extended that shutter door to fill the frame.
3. There was a “Keep out” sign next to the door in red which was also removed from background.
4. Cant miss the small details, had to preserve the transparency of windshield too to show the warehouse door at the back, took care of that too
5. Tinted the windshield by adding black layer overlay.
6. Also took care of those little stickers on the windshield by toning them down a bit.
7. There was a huge decal on the bumper which was nothing but a distraction so I had to say goodbye to it.
8. Added layer overlay to increase contrast of the car.
9. Added layer overlay to increase contrast of background.
10. Added an adjustment layer of color balance to tone the overall mood.
11. Added an adjustment layer of levels to further boost the contrast & white balance.
12. Added another adjustment layer of hue & saturation to increase the saturation.
13. Used noise reduction filter to get rid of unwanted noise.
14. Added layer overlay of sharpness
15. A little bit of camera tilt correction.
16. And finally watermarked & re sized it
Taken at: Xtreme Motorsports, Autocross Championship
Held at Fountain Parking Lot, Clifton, Karachi
Background by: Mayang’s Free Textures – mayang.com
Now, here’s the SOOC of the shot: